- The Agena Astrophotography Flip Mirror simplifies the framing and focusing of celestial objects for astrophotography
- Insert a 1.25" eyepiece in the top of the flip mirror unit then locate and focus your object visually
- When the object is centered and focused in the eyepiece, flip the mirror lever and the image is directed to an attached astrophotography camera - remaining in focus
- No need to swap out your eyepiece and camera - everything stays in place
- Designed for use with 1/2" or smaller format astrophotography CCD or DSLR imagers
- Integrated T-thread rings for direct camera and focuser attachment
The Agena Astrophotography Flip Mirror enables you to find, center, and focus a target object visually with a 1.25" telescope eyepiece, then image the object with a CCD or DSLR camera. Since the image collected by the telescope is directed to either an eyepiece or a camera via a levered mirror, there is no need to change out your eyepiece for the camera. All accessories remain attached to the flip mirror assembly and the image is simply redirected by the mirror to the eyepiece when needed. You can switch back and forth between camera and eyepiece with ease.
The high reflectivity internal mirror directs the telescope image 90 degrees up into the eyepiece. A smooth helical focuser on the eyepiece holder allows you to bring the eyepiece parfocal with the camera. When the target object is focused in the eyepiece, flipping the lever on the side of the assembly swings the mirror up and out of the way to allow the image to enter the camera attached to the back of the assembly. This provides a focused CCD image with none of the usual swapping hassle.
The Agena Astrophotography Flip Mirror was designed for use with 1/2” or smaller format astrophotography CCD or DSLR cameras to provide full sensor exposure. A male T-thread on the assembly’s metal housing allows direct attachment of the CCD or DSLR camera body. The assembly is connected to the telescope's 1.25" focuser via the front nosepiece, which can be removed to expose T-threads for direct attachment to the focuser. The nosepiece is internally threaded for 1.25" filters.
- Accepts 1.25" telescope eyepieces (not included)
- Housing dimensions (excluding nosepiece and eyepiece adapter): 3.3"L x 2.2"W x 2.3"H
- Requires 80mm of additional backfocus. Reaching focus might not be possible on some Newtonian or short focal length refractor telescopes
- Weighs 9.4 oz.
Please note that no instruction sheet is included with this product. However, you can find this information easily on the internet for similar products.