- Premium quality, 20mm 1.25" centering / alignment / tracking eyepiece
- 5 lens elements in 4 groups with blackened lens edges provide bright views with a wide 70° apparent field of view
- Comfortable 16mm eye relief
- Wireless LED-illuminated reticle has adjustable focus and brightness
- Dual crosshairs are focusable - great if you wear glasses
- Excellent for accurate polar alignment, goto alignment, and centering guide stars for astrophotography
- Illuminator requires SR-54 / LR-44 batteries (included)
An illuminated reticle eyepiece is virtually indispensable for serious astronomy observing and astrophotography. The Agena 20mm illuminated reticle Plossl eyepiece boasts a double line crosshair laser etched into optical glass that extends from edge to edge. It greatly simplifies centering celestial objects in the eyepiece for more accurate go-to alignments. The illumination is variable, allowing the observer to adjust it for current conditions. It can also be turned off when not needed.
Unlike single line crosshairs in other illuminated reticle eyepieces, the double line design doesn’t obscure small targets when attempting to center them – they remain visible in the small box created by the intersection of the two pairs of double lines. Alignment can also be achieved by putting the object at the intersection of any two perpendicular lines. The reticle can be rotated and facilitates polar drift alignment routines for equatorial mounts and precision guiding for astrophotography. Eyeglass wearers will appreciate the focusing mechanism that allows them to bring the reticle to a sharp focus.
The 20mm focal length provides a wide 70° apparent view of the sky allowing you to find objects and alignment stars more easily than shorter focal length eyepieces. With the illuminator turned off, the eyepiece can be used like any other eyepiece for comfortable observing.
|Eyepiece Series||SWA (Super Wide Angle)|
|Barrel Size||1.25" (31.7mm)|
|Apparent Field of View (Mfg Specified)||70°|
|Eye Relief (Designed)||16mm|
|Filter Threads||Standard 1.25" Filter Thread (M28.5 x 0.6)|
|Coatings||Fully Broadband Multi-Coated|
|Blackened Lens Edges||Yes|
|Barrel Safety Recess||Yes|
|Barrel Type||With safety undercut|
|Rubber Eye Guard||Yes|