- Five position manual operation
- Threaded for standard 1.25" astronomy filters
- Smooth rotational pressure minimizes "scope shake" and image shift
- Positive click stops for each position ensure precise alignment of the filter
- Thumbscrews provide easy, tool-free access to the wheel for installation and removal of filters
- Multiple adapters provided for flexibility
- A knurled locking ring allows the imaging device to be rotated so it can be oriented to the optimum position
- Light weight (10 oz.) to provide flexure-free imaging with most focusers
- Requires an additional 25mm or 53mm of back focus depending on use
Astrophotographers and visual observers alike will benefit from the addition of an affordable, high quality filter wheel to their telescope setup. By installing your most frequently used 1.25" filters into the five position rotating wheel and attaching it directly to the telescope's focuser - via the removable 1.25" nose piece - filter changes are fast and easy. Thumbscrews are provided for fast, tool-free installation and removal of filters.
Visual observers can attach the included 1.25" eyepiece adapter to the filter wheel and install their star diagonal to hold an eyepiece as usual. No more removing the eyepiece, unscrewing the filter, screwing on a different filter, and placing the eyepiece back into the star diagonal. A simple turn of the wheel to the desired filter is all it takes. You can install up to five filters or install just four and leave one position open for unfiltered viewing.
Astrophotographers can install their 1.25" LRGB filter set (not included), attach the imaging device to the provided T-thread camera adapter, and be able to quickly move the wheel to each filter in succession for the required exposures - with minimal interruption. There is no need to remove the imaging device from the focuser, virtually eliminating image shift. A knurled locking ring ensures the imaging device is securely attached to the T adapter in any orientation desired. The nominal 25mm back focus requirement should be within the capability of most modern focusers The filter wheel's versatility allows you to easily and quickly configure the filter positions to best suit your needs.
The lightweight aluminum housing protects installed filters from dirt, moisture, and impact better than other designs on the market. When removed from the telescope, two provided plastic dust caps continue to keep your filters free of dust and smudges while in storage.
Included in the box:
- 5-position 1.25" filter wheel
- Removable male 42mm T-thread camera adapter
- Removable 1.25" eyepiece holder
- Removable 1.25" nosepiece
- Locking ring for the T-thread camera/imaging device adapter
- Filter Capacity: Five standard 1.25" astronomical filters
- Operation: Manual
- Nose Piece: 1.25" (31.7mm)
- Camera Adapter: Standard male T-thread
- Eyepiece Adapter: 1.25" (31.7mm)
- Filter Threads: Standard 1.25" female filter thread (M28.5 x 0.6)
- Backfocus Requirement: 25mm in photo mode; 53mm in visual mode using included 1.25" eyepiece holder
- Included Filters: No
- Dust Caps: 2
- Weight: 10 oz (0.28 kg)
Please note that no instruction sheet is included with this product. However, you can find this info easily on the internet for similar products.