- Agena’s Deluxe Off-Axis Guider (OAG) allows simultaneous imaging and guiding through the same telescope
- A separate guide scope - that can introduce flexure and other guiding inaccuracies - is not needed
- 1.25" eyepiece holder allows for recommended illuminated reticle eyepieces to provide precise centering of a guide star and many available guide cameras
- Auto guider cameras with either T-threads or a 1.25" nosepiece can be used
- Incorporates a prism tilt adjustment and over 100 degrees of radial adjustment to simplify guide star location and centering
- Includes a 2" nosepiece or the nosepiece can be removed for direct T-thread attachment to the telescope focuser
- The weight of the astrophotography system is significantly reduced
- T-extensions in three different lengths (7mm, 17mm, and 30mm) are provided to accommodate different guide camera requirements
- Minimum of 59mm inward focus travel required
The new Agena Deluxe Off-Axis Guider (OAG) eliminates the need to piggyback a separate guide scope on your primary telescope to perform guided astrophotography. Instead, the OAG is inserted into the telescope's focuser and the imaging camera is attached to the other end. A 1.25" eyepiece holder on top of the OAG allows you to insert a 1.25" eyepiece to find and center a guide star. A small adjustable prism protrudes into a part of the primary telescope's light path and directs the image of a suitable guide star in the field of view up into the eyepiece. Both the prism's tilt and its rotation around the field of view can be adjusted to locate and center on the desired guide star.
Once the guide star has been located and focused, you can manually guide with the eyepiece or replace it with a guide camera that can then automatically track the guide star. Much greater accuracy is achieved since mechanical flexure inherent in a separate guide scope is eliminated. The astrophotography setup weight is also reduced putting less strain on the tracking mount.
Please note that inward focus travel of at least 59mm is required to achieve focus with this accessory. Use with reflecting telescopes is not recommended since they may not have sufficient focuser travel. Item weight = 7.1oz.
Please note that no instruction sheet is included with this product. However, you can find this info easily on the internet for similar products.