Please note: Laser or mounting base not included
This Agena universal Laser-Finder Bracket seamlessly converts your green laser pointer into a pointing device for your telescope. A key advantage of this unit is that it uses the common Vixen/Synta-style mounting design which very few other laser brackets do. With this, you can mount this bracket in the Vixen/Synta-style dovetail base you may already have on your telescope (although you may need a longer locking thumbscrew), or you can buy one separately for your telescope (note that no dovetail base is included with this bracket).
A Variety of Applications
- For manual star hopping, you'll find that having a laser to visually guide you across the night sky will bring the target object to your eyepiece without craning your neck meticulously looking through other types of finders.
- For goto scopes, this pointer can reveal exactly where your scope is pointed, much to the benefit of crowds at star parties, alignment routines, or simply to satisfy curiosity.
- For easy to overlook naked eye objects, this bracket will help you reveal their exact location in the night sky if your telescope is already pointed to them. Once the location is revealed, you may finally be able to notice those objects unaided!
- For any scope, you'll continue to find many uses and benefits to having the ability to mount a green laser pointer directly on your telescope.
Ease of Setup and Installation
- The bracket comes equipped with a foot that can be attached to Vixen/Synta-style dovetail bases already found on many telescopes (see foot specifications below). With the base attached, the bracket itself can be removed or replaced without unmounting the green laser. With the dual-rings each equipped with 3 knurled alignment screws, repeatable alignment with your telescope's optics can be reached intuitively and quickly.
- With careful storage, this bracket will even maintain its alignment with your telescope even after removal, making this both a seamless part of your setup routine and a joy to use.
- Inside bracket diameter is 30mm. It can be used with laser pointers (not included) up to 24mm (0.95") in diameter
- Constructed with black anodized aluminum
- Weight = 3.8 oz.
- Height (excluding screws) = 84mm
- Inside distance between rings = 43mm
- Outside distance between rings = 63mm
- Foot dimensions: Maximum width (at bottom) = 28.4mm / 1.12"; Minimum width (at top) = 20mm / 0.79"; Foot height = 8.1mm /0.32". Note that this is smaller than the clearance available on most Vixen/Synta-style bases. As a result, the existing locking screw on your base may not be long enough to reach this item and lock it in place. This issue can easily be resolved by inserting a shim or using a longer locking thumbscrew.