This high performance Antares barlow # UB2STL doubles the power of any inserted eyepiece. It features a fully-multicoated achromatic design. This short barlow will work in diagonals or reflectors, has internal darkening and edge-blackened lenses, and is parfocal with most eyepieces. Suitable for high contrast, high power applications in any telescope. Threaded to accept standard 1.25" astronomy filters. Made in Canada.
This new version of Antares' popular UB2S barlow features an integrated twist-lock adapter / clamping mechanism to securely center and hold your eyepiece. The inner compression ring is made of polypropylene and will not mar your eyepieces. Unscrewing the twist-lock ring exposes a standard male T-thread (M42x0.75) underneath which can be used to couple imaging devices with the barlow.
- Barrel size: 1.25" / 31.7mm
- Magnification factor: 2x
- Type: Achromatic
- Coatings: Fully multicoated
- Clear aperture = 1.06" / 27mm
- Weight: 5.5oz / 156g
- Total length: 3.23" / 82.4mm
- Length of lower chrome barrel: 1.48" / 37.6mm
- Length of upper black barrel: 1.77" / 44.8mm
- Filter threads: Yes (standard 1.25" filter threads, M28.5x0.6)
- End caps: Yes (1 - lower only) but subject to change without notice
- Country: Made in Canada
Note that the use of any optical element like barlows and focal reducers changes the focus point of your telescope, requiring additional in-focus or out-focus travel. The exact amount of focus travel required will depend on the optics and mechanics of your specific set-up (telescope, diagonal (if used), barlow, and eyepiece). Hence, be aware that you may not be able to reach focus with all eyepieces or in all configurations with a given barlow.