This high performance Antares barlow # UB3S triples the power of any inserted eyepiece. It features a fully-multicoated achromatic design. This short barlow will work in diagonals or reflectors, has internal darkening and edge-blackened lenses, and is parfocal with most eyepieces. Suitable for high contrast, high power applications in any telescope. Not threaded to accept standard 1.25" astronomy filters. Made in Canada.
- Barrel size: 1.25" / 31.7mm
- Magnification factor: 3x
- Type: Achromatic
- Coatings: Fully multicoated
- Clear aperture = 1.06" / 27mm
- Weight: 4oz / 113g
- Total length: 3.18" / 80.8mm
- Length of lower chrome barrel: 1.49" / 37.8mm
- Length of upper black barrel: 1.69" / 42.9mm
- Filter threads: No
- End caps: Yes (2) but subject to change without notice
- Country: Made in Canada
Note that the use of any optical element like barlows and focal reducers changes the focus point of your telescope, requiring additional in-focus or out-focus travel. The exact amount of focus travel required will depend on the optics and mechanics of your specific set-up (telescope, diagonal (if used), barlow, and eyepiece). Hence, be aware that you may not be able to reach focus with all eyepieces or in all configurations with a given barlow.