- Professional-grade, ultra heavy-duty eyepiece tray for any tripod with a 1/4-inch center hole in the tripod leg support arms
- Serves as a tripod stabilizer
- Holds up to 17 eyepieces - eight 2” eyepieces and nine 1.25” eyepieces
- Constructed from thick laser-cut steel with UV stabilized matt black powder coat finish
- Includes stainless steel hardware - with black caps to reduce stray light reflection- to attach the EP-17 to up to four points on the tripod leg support arms
- Bonus stainless steel center eye bolt is also provided to hang additional weight from the center of thetray to further improve your tripod’s stability
- Weighs 2.5 pounds and is 100% designed and manufactured in USA
Attention owners of the Astro-Tech Voyager, GSO SkyView, Vixen Porta II or Oberwerk Wood Tripod/Mounts!
The Astro Tray EP-17 is a professional-grade, ultra heavy-duty eyepiece tray for any tripod that has a 1/4-inch center hole in the tripod leg support arms. Quite simply, the EP-17 is not only the best eyepiece tray on the market, but it also serves as a tripod stabilizer as it noticeably improves the stability of the associated tripod legs.
Now you can have all of your eyepieces at arm's length while observing! The EP-17 holds up to 17 eyepieces: eight 2" eyepieces and nine 1.25" eyepieces. It is constructed from thick laser-cut steel and weighs a hefty 2.5 pounds. The EP-17 also features a durable, UV-stabilized matte black powder coat finish and includes the necessary stainless steel hardware (with black caps to reduce stray light reflection) to attach the EP-17 to up to four points on the horizontal tripod leg support arms. A bonus stainless steel center eye bolt is also provided that lets you hang additional weight from the center of the EP-17 to further stabilize your tripod.
Supported tripods include:
- Astro-Tech Voyager Alt-Az Tripod
- GSO SkyView Alt-Az Tripod
- Vixen Porta II Mount (with standard tripod*)
- Oberwerk Wood Tripod (Standard and Tall)
Other tripods may also be supported that are not listed above. The EP-17 requires the tripod to have a 1/4-inch hole in the center of the tripod leg support arms and the tripod must also be wide enough to accommodate the 12-inch diameter of the EP-17.
100% designed and manufactured in USA, the Astro Tray EP-17 is a high-quality, beautiful and practical addition to your Astro-Tech / GSO / Oberwerk / Porta II tripod.
* If your Vixen Porta II mount has the HAL 130 tripod upgrade, note that the center hole on the tripod is threaded and will require different screws (not included) for this tray to attach
- User Manual: Astro Tray EP-17 Instruction Sheet (PDF format, 440 KB)