Baader Planetarium has evolved the wide-field astronomical eyepiece to a new level. Introducing the worlds first production Astronomical Eyepieces to use aspheric surfaces, the 31mm and 36mm Baader Hyperion-Aspheric 72-deg Modular Eyepieces. This new technology has allowed Baader to eliminate eyepiece aberrations without the usual penalty of extra lens elements, excessive size and weight, or high cost.
• The Hyperion-Aspherics freedom from blackouts, kidney beaning, and lack of distortion combines with their long eye relief to produce a view that is uncommonly comfortable and natural for all users (including eye-glass wearers and users of popular astigmatism correcting lenses).
• The ultra-wide 72° field is extremely flat and distortionless (virtually free of angular magnification distortion).
• Baaders renowned Phantom Group Multi-Coatings and thorough internal baffling produce an extremely bright and high contrast view that is free of scatter.
• Hyperion Modularity Superb for projection imaging. The Hyperion-Aspherics are threaded to accept the full line of Hyperion Digital T-Rings, for a robust direct attachment of almost any camera. The clever use of 2"x24 TPI SCT threads for attaching the 2" barrel permits the Hyperion-Aspherics to directly thread onto the rear cell of popular SCTs. This results in the highest rigidity possible for imaging.
• Dual Barrel Configuration two barrel sizes are provided with each Hyperion Aspheric. The standard 2" barrel provides the full 72-deg field size, and a special wide-field 1.25" barrel provides the maximum true field ever in a 1.25" format, with a field stop size of 1.265 (32mm)! - perfect for extracting every bit of field possible in 1.25" telescopes or binoviewers.
• Accepts popular astigmatism correcting lenses.
• Weight: 390 g (13.8 oz)