This set contains the following products:
- Baader Q-Turret - 1.25" quadruplet eyepiece revolver (# 2957010)
- Baader Classic Ortho 6mm eyepiece (# 2954106)
- Baader Classic Ortho 10mm eyepiece (# 2954110)
- Baader Classic Ortho 18mm eyepiece (# 2954118)
- Baader Classic Plossl 32mm eyepiece (# 2954132)
- Baader Q-Barlow lens 2.25x (# 2956185)
- Baader Astro-Box #1 (M31) (# 2957005)
The Baader Classic Q-Turret Eyepiece Set is a combination of the following items:
- Q-Turret quadruplet 1.25" eyepiece revolver/holder
- Classic 1.25" 6mm, 10mm, and 18mm Orthoscopic eyepieces
- Classic 1.25" 32mm Plossl eyepiece
- 2.25x Q-Barlow with dual factor lens (1.3x/2.25x)
- Q-Turret quad eyepiece revolver/holder
- Astro Box #1 padded metal case with window top
The Baader Q-Turret & Classic eyepiece set offers maximum ease of use and a full spectrum of magnifications in one set.
The Baader Classic eyepieces offer an optical quality level thought impossible in this price range, utilizing the original unmatched design of the very first Carl Zeiss Orthoscopic and Plossl eyepieces - without any compromise in workmanship. These eyepieces offer exceptional sharpness and contrast , featuring a 50° field of view, sharp field stops, and excellent ergonomics for a comfortable viewing experience. Modern true high-transmission (HT) multicoatings on all air to glass surfaces provide a remarkably brilliant view.
How to use this set of Classic eyepieces with 2.25x Q-barlow and Q-Turret
- For 2.25x power, the Q-barlow lens cell can be mounted either into the barlow body (individual eyepiece holder) or directly into the 1.25" nosepiece of the Q-Turret eyepiece revolver. The resulting eyepiece focal lengths in this set with the 2.25x Barlow will be 2.7mm, 4.6mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 14mm, 18mm, 32mm.
- There is also an additional 1.3x option: Mount the Barlow Q-lens cell straight into any of the four classic eyepieces. Due to the shorter spacing between barlow and eyepiece the magnifying factor changes from 2.25x to 1.3x, providing you with four additional magnifications.
- All four eyepieces can be rotated in the Q-Turret perfectly parfocally to change magnification in a wink. The lens with cell of the supplied 2.25x Q-barlow assembly can unmount from the 1.25" barlow-body and directly threads into the 1.25" nose piece of the Q-Turret for an additional set of four magnifications – also yielding a 25 mm gain in backfocus.
- Alternatively work with three eyepieces and a CCD-guider camera or planetary camera to end up with a quad revolver that perfectly replaces a flip mirror accessory – perfectly parfocally for every piece of equipment mounted.
Options for use of the Q-Turret
The quad eyepiece turret in this set serves more purposes than just holding these four eyepieces:
- Mount your CCD-guider alongside three eyepieces and easily flip from aiming to guiding mode
- Flip planetary cameras in and out, in perfect focus, with or without the added magnification of the 2.25x Q-Barlow lens
- Compare any of your favorite eyepieces side by side in light speed while rotating them with the Q-Turret revolver perfectly parfocally
Please Note: This set is packed by Baader with the eyepieces inserted into the turret and the locking screw clamped down. A small set screw mark or two on the eyepiece barrels is hence quite common.