Collimate your Catadioptric or Newtonian reflector style telescopes without tools!
It's easy...just grab a Bob's Knob collimation thumbscrew and turn. You can even do it while looking through the eyepiece on most scopes. These thumbscrews are also much easier to use with gloves on. And perhaps most importantly, you'll never drop that pesky little Allen wrench or screwdriver into the grass again. Installation is a snap with the included instructions, and you can undo the modification at any time.
Fits: Meade 8" (20 cm) f/10 SCT versions with six screws on the secondary housing (LX90, LX200, LX200ACF, LX200R, others). The inner screws are for collimation.
Knobs: Black plastic, 13 mm (1/2") diameter
Threads: Black anodized aluminum alloy
1. The factory dust cover should fit normally with Bob's Knobs installed. If your dust cover contacts the knobs, we provide a set of spacers that attach to the inside of the dust cover to move it slightly away from the secondary assembly. Contact us for a free set. You can also press the center of the cover from the inside to contour it for additional clearance.
2. See our FAQ and technical paper for additional information on installing Bob's Knobs on Meade telescopes with six factory secondary screws.
3. Your user manual from Meade may claim that the outer secondary screws are for collimation adjustment. This is incorrect. The inner screws (with knobs in our photo) are collimation screws. The outer screws are for disassembling the secondary.
4. Pre-2005 Meade 8" telescopes have three screws on the secondary housing. The 3-screw secondary requires different knobs (Item A above). Do not use knobs for the 6-screw secondary on the 3-screw secondary. The screws on the 6-screw knobs are too long.
5. An Allen wrench for removing the factory collimation screws is included with your order.