Collimate your Catadioptric or Newtonian reflector style telescopes without tools!
It's easy...just grab a Bob's Knob collimation thumbscrew and turn. You can even do it while looking through the eyepiece on most scopes. These thumbscrews are also much easier to use with gloves on. And perhaps most importantly, you'll never drop that pesky little Allen wrench or screwdriver into the grass again. Installation is a snap with the included instructions, and you can undo the modification at any time.
Fits: Meade Lightbridge12" (30 cm) f/5 telescopes.
- Knobs: Black plastic, 30 mm (1-1/4") diameter, 5-point fluted
- Threads: Plated steel
- Knobs: Black plastic, 25 mm (1") diameter, knurled
- Threads: Stainless steel
1. The telescope optical tube assembly will clear the rocker box with primary knobs installed.
2. One of the primary mirror knobs may interfere with the cooling fan connector. The plug will fit properly between the knob flutes, so leave this one knob stationary and collimate using the remaining knobs. If desired, you can leave the factory collimation screw that is next to the fan connector in place.
3. Some Lightbridge 12" models are equipped with primary collimation knobs from the factory. Our primary knobs are not needed on these telescopes; furthermore, our primary knobs will not fit because the screw size is different.