- 9.25 Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- Starbright XLT high transmission coatings
- 6x30 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Heavy Duty (CG-5GT) computerized German Equatorial mount
- Ultra sturdy 2" diameter steel tripod with accessory tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- “The SkyX – First Light Edition” astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
The C9 1/4-SGT telescope combines the unequaled optical excellence of a Celestron 9 1/4" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with our computerized CG-5 German Equatorial mount for the ultimate economical astrophotography system.
The 9 1/4" was specifically designed for visual infinity focus when using 2" eyepieces and has an optimized baffle system to benefit astrophotography by minimizing vignetting at the edge of the field of view. Its longer primary focal length and lower magnification secondary mirror contribute to a flatter field of view at the focal plane and helps to further reduce optical aberrations.
This C9 1/4 optical system comes with our premium StarBright® XLT coatings. The optimized baffling system benefits astrophotography and gives high contrast views of the planets. With 33% more light gathering than the 8" model, the C9 1/4-S is compatible with the complete line of Celestron photographic and visual accessories.
Mounted on the Advanced GT Series computerized mount, this telescope has some high performance software and hardware features. Operated by our proven NexStar® computer control technology the telescope has a 40,000+ object database with 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects. Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms.
Using the RS-232 communication port on the hand control, you can control the telescope via a personal computer and our new flash upgradeable hand controls allow you to update your telescope's operating software via the Internet. An Autoguider port is also included for astrophotography.
CG-5 Mount - Precision engineered for stability
Our new German Equatorial mount has precision worm gears on both axes for extremely smooth stability. The key element that makes this system the most stable in its class is the NEW heavy-duty tripod with larger and more substantial legs that offer excellent damping characteristics for more stable views. The CG-5 also has a convenient latitude scale for easier alignment and an optional polar finder scope for the ultimate in precision alignments.
Product carries full 2 year Celestron factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).
|Aperture (mm)||235 mm (9.25 in)|
|Focal Length (mm)||2350 mm (93 in)|
|Eyepiece 1 (mm)||25 mm (0.98 in)|
|Magnification 1||94 x|
|Tripod||2 inch Stainless Steel|
|Power Supply||Car Battery Adapter|
|Highest Useful Magnification||555 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||34 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.4|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.59 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.49 arc seconds|
|Photographic Resolution||200 line/mm|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||1127 x|
|Angular Field of View (deg)||0.55 °|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||29 ft (8.84 m)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||3.35 in (85 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||36 %|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||13 %|
|Optical Coatings||Starbright Coating/XLT|
|Optical Tube Length||22 in (559 mm)|
|Telescope Weight||73 lbs (33 kg)|
|Motor Drive||DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North and EQ South|
|Alignment Procedures||AutoAlign, 2-Star Alignment, Quick Align|
|Software Precision||24 bit, 0.08 arcsec calculation|
|Motor Ports||Aux Port, Autoguide Ports|
|Communication Ports||RS-232 communication port on hand control|
|Computer Hand Control||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|