- Reducer shortens the effective focal length of Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope optical system by 37%
- Converts f/10 optical system to faster f/6.3 for a significantly wider field of view
- Shortens exposure times for astrophotography by 3 times
- Four-element, fully multi-coated optical design with 41mm clear aperture
- Threads into rear cell and works with any brand and size of Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with a standard 2" SCT thread
This combination focal reducer and field corrector lens accessory works with all Celestron 5", 6", 8", 9 1/4", 11" and 14" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes. This clever accessory makes it possible to have a dual focal ratio instrument, without sacrificing image quality. The Reducer/Corrector is f/6.3 for C5, C6, C8, C9¼ and C11 telescopes and f/7 for the C14 telescope.
If offers wide fields of view with any Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope. Used for astrophotography, it reduces exposure time by a factor of 3.
Celestron doesn’t offer a f/6.3 Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope, because the design is impractical, with a large central obstruction, and resulting loss in contrast. This, added to the inability to utilize longer focal ratios for certain objects, led Celestron to design the four-element, fully multicoated f/6.3 Reducer/Corrector. Results are amazing both visually and photographically.
The #94175 Reducer/Corrector Lens is not compatible with Celestron EdgeHD optical systems.
Product carries two year factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).