- NexStar+ Hand Control works with Celestron equatorially mounted computerized telescopes
- Compatible with Advanced VX, CGEM, CGEM II, CGEM DX, CGX, and CGE Pro series telescopes and mounts
- Flash upgradeable via the Internet; latest updates can be found at Celestron.com
- 40,000-object database
- Dual line, 16-character LCD screen with adjustable backlighting.
- Now connects to your PC directly with a mini-USB cable (cable not included) for software updates or optional telescope control with third party software
The Celestron NexStar+ EQ Hand Control is the new standard accessory on all current equatorially mounted NexStar-style telescopes, and is compatible with the Celestron Advanced VX, CGEM, CGEM II, CGEM DX, CGX, and CGE Pro computerized telescopes.
With the push of a button, you can access NexStar+'s huge database of over 40,000 celestial objects. Automatically slew to objects in a variety of catalogs, including the Messier, NGC, Caldwell, and SAO brightest stars. The planets as well as a list of the most popular objects are also included. Not sure what to look at? Use the Tour Mode, and you'll be shown a selection of the most popular objects for the time and date you are observing!
A variety of alignment procedures are pre-programmed into the NexStar Plus Hand Controller, including SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star, 1-Star, 2-Star, and Solar System. You can also choose from a variety of tracking rates (sidereal, solar and lunar) and slew speeds. Slew at 1, 2, or 3 degrees per second, or choose speeds as low as 2x or as high as 64x.
This hand control includes USB Flash Upgradeable Technology, allowing users to upgrade its software via the Internet. Latest upgrades can be found on the Support Tab at Celestron's website.
- All-Star Polar Alignment
- Flash Upgradeable
Manufacturer part number: 93982
Product carries full 2 year Celestron factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).