- Portable power pack for your computerized Celestron telescope using Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) chemistry
- Smaller, lighter, safer, and easier to maintain than lithium-ion and sealed lead acid designs
- Up to 2000 charge cycles – four times more than lithium-ion & 7 times more than sealed lead-acid designs.
- Un-recharged shelf life of up to 10 years – 3 times better than lithium-ion and 10 times better than sealed lead-acid designs
- Evironmentally friendly – Does not use toxic heavy metals
VOTED A "HOT SKY PRODUCT - 2017" BY SKY&TELESCOPE MAGAZINE!
The new PowerTank Lithium keeps the charge going for the astronomer on the go. The Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries.
- The LiFePO4 has an un-recharged shelf life of 10 years compared to 3 years for the Lithium Ion and 6-9 months for a Sealed Lead-Acid battery.
- The battery performance of the PowerTank Lithium degrades at a much slower pace than other chemistries.
- The LiFePO4 can be charged and discharged 2000 times compared to only 500 for a Lithium Ion battery and 300 for sealed lead-acid designs.
- The batteries will last as long as the telescope you use it with!
- The LiFePO4 uses phosphates instead of environmentally hazardous elements like cobalt or lead commonly found in other rechargeable batteries.
- Can withstand higher temperatures than lithium-ion designs and will not be a fire danger if accidentally punctured.
This combined with it’s rugged design make it the perfect outdoor power supply.
Keep your telescopes, smartphones, tablets, GPS systems, cameras and other USB-powered devices as active as you are with PowerTank Lithium—the ideal outdoor portable-charging solution for your electronic gear.
- Battery Capacity: 86.4 Wh
- Charging Input: 16VDC @ 2000mA
- Charge Time (from flat): 3 hours
- Telescope Outpout: 12VDC @ 3000mA, Tip positive
- USB Charging Port 1 Output: 5VDC @ 1000mA
- USB Charging Port 2 Output: 5VDC @ 2100mA
- Light Panel: Red or White with two brightness settings for each color
- Weatherproof/Dustproof: IP-65 rating
- Telescope Power Cord : 6.5 feet (2 meters) with connector for Celestron telescopes
- Product Dimensions: 7.5” tall x 3” diameter
- Product Weight: 2.25 pounds
- Battery pack
- AC mains charger
- Power cord for Celestron telescopes
- Strap for attaching to tripod
- Strap for hanging
Product carries full 2 year Celestron factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).
- User Manual: Celestron PowerTank Lithium (.PDF, 1.54MB)