- High-quality, fully multi-coated optical glass with dichroic coatings to block infrared (IR) light
- Provides the best color balance and sharpness
- Totally removable, providing ultimate flexibility--no need to purchase a camera with built-in IR-block
- Compatible with Skyris color cameras and The Imaging Source astronomy cameras
Color CCD cameras such as the Skyris color planetary cameras are very sensitive across the visual spectrum, as well as in infrared. Some telescopes may correct for chromatic aberration, but are not designed to correct for IR light, which can often look defocused in astroimages. Blocking infrared (IR) light provides the greatest color balance and sharpness in your astroimages. This filter blocks IR while passing more than 94% of the entire visual spectrum, maintaining color fidelity.
- Optical Coatings: Anti-reflection multi-coatings and dichroic IR-block coating
- Camera Adaptable: Standard C-thread
- Clear Aperture: 19.5mm (0.77 in)
- Also features a standard 1.25" female thread (M28.5x0.6) for attachment of additional astronomy filters
Product carries full 2 year Celestron factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).
Manufacturer part number: 95516