- Very simple, low profile red-dot finderscope
- LED-illuminated red-dot pinpoint
- Easy adjustments for sighting and alignment
- Attaches to standard finderscope brackets easily
Finding objects couldn’t be easier! A 1x, or unit power finderscope designed so you can point the telescope while scanning the sky with both eyes. A mirror lens projects the image of a LED illuminated pinpoint into the line of sight, providing you with a red dot of light to center on the object you want to view.
Something like having a laser pointer that reaches into the sky, it greatly simplifies finding objects. The brightness level is adjustable, and the Star Pointer can be used during daytime observing as well. Attaches to most telescopes easily.
Two plastic bases are included to attach this finder to most telescopes.
- The larger base has a base curve diameter of approximately 9". It can accommodate mounting screws that are between 30mm (1.18") and 37mm (1.46") apart from center-to-center. This is typically used for 8" and larger telescopes.
- The smaller base has a base curve diameter of approximately 7" and can be used with telescopes from 6" to 8" in aperture. The center-to-center hole spacing on this is 29mm (1.14").
Either base can be used with telescopes smaller than 6" in aperture, but be aware that the base will be a bit skewed on the telescope tube surface, although this will not be a problem in most cases. Mounting screws are not included and must be provided by the user.
Product carries two year factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).