- Enables automatic alignment of your Celestron computerized telescope (See compatibility list)
- No need to identify or locate any star in the sky–StarSense automatically aligns your telescope, so you can begin observing in minutes
- Aligns in 3 minutes or less
- Provides advanced mount modeling—align on numerous stars throughout the sky for extremely precise GoTo pointing accuracy
- StarSense hand controller included
Turn your Celestron telescope into a fully-automated tour guide of the universe! The revolutionary technology in the award-winning SkyProdigy telescope is now available for almost every Celestron computerized telescope.
Before StarSense, using a computerized telescope required a lengthy alignment process of finding and centering at least two bright stars in the telescope's eyepiece. But StarSense automatically aligns itself with no user input needed. With this one-of-a-kind accessory, you become an instant astronomer - even if you've never used a telescope before.
StarSense is not only compatible with all of Celestron's current computerized telescope models, but backwards compatible with many older models as well. (See compatibility list below.)
The StarSense Accessory includes a small digital camera that attaches to the telescope's optical tube, along with a specialized hand controller. Just set up the accessory, push the Align button on the hand controller, and StarSense starts capturing and comparing images of the night sky against its internal database of 40,000 celestial objects. In about three minutes, StarSense will gather enough information to triangulate its position and align itself. Then, press the Sky Tour button: StarSense will automatically slew to all the best stars, planets, galaxies, and more based on your exact time and location.
Even the most advanced telescope users will love using the affordable StarSense Accessory. StarSense replaces expensive software used for advanced mount modeling, providing superior pointing accuracy from horizon to horizon. Add as many calibration stars as desired to give your telescope mount a new level of accuracy.
- Directly compatible with: NexStar SE, CPC, CPC DX, CGE Pro, Advanced VX, CGE, CGEM, CGEM DX, NexStar SLT
- Using optional # 93919 Aux Port Splitter, compatible with: NexStar GT, Advanced CT, CG-5, LCM
- Not compatible with: NexStar i Series, Ultima 2000, NexStar GPS, Early generation GoTo mounts (such as Compustar)
- Automated Alignment: Just attach StarSense AutoAlign to your Celestron computerized telescope and push the 'ALIGN' button. In about 3 minutes, you're ready to begin observing!
- Star Pattern Recognition: Innovative imaging technology eliminates the need tor GPS, compass, or leveling.
- Speed: StarSense aligns your telescope in minutes. Immediately enjoy viewing thousands of celestial objects without any prior knowledge of the night sky.
- Advanced Mount Modeling: Multi-point alignment provides extremely precise GoTo pointing accuracy, centering the object in your eyepiece or camera every time.
StarSense Camera Specifications
- High sensitivity, low noise 1.2 megapixel Aptina CMOS sensor
- Dual-core 32-bit CPU running embedded OS
- Fully upgradeable application firmware
- Fully multi-coated optics
- 2-element 20mm f/2 objective lens
- USB port interface for future development
StarSense Hand Controller Specifications
- Auto GoTo alignment
- Red backlit 4 line LCD
- 45,178 accessible object database
- Plate solving database 40,000+ stars
- Advanced mount modeling up to 10 stars
- STMicro ARM 32-bit Cortex-M3 CPU
- Fully upgradeable application and database
- StarSense camera
- StarSense hand controller
- Large mouting bracket
- Small mounting bracket
- Camera/Aux cable
- Instruction manual
Manufacturer part number: 94005
Product carries full 2 year Celestron factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).
- User Manual: Celestron StarSense AutoAlign Manual (PDF format, 4.5MB)
- Product Video:
StarSense Setup with the SkyPortal App