Quick OverviewExplore Scientific ED127 air-spaced triplet refractor; Carbon fiber tube with retractable dew shield, push/pull collimation cell; two-speed focuser, deluxe case; 99% 2-inch diagonal, Vixen-style dovetail mount, and finder mounting base. Finder scope and bracket not included. Model EDT-127075-CF.
The Explore Scientific 127mm f/7.5 Air-Spaced Triplet ED APO produces a visual experience that is often compared to much larger aperture reflector telescopes. The contrast and resolving power can reveal stunning detail on planets and deep sky objects alike.
Explore ED127 Air-Spaced Triplet Carbon Fiber Refractor Highlights…
- The tube assembly of the ED127 Triplet is made of lightweight, yet strong carbon fiber
- This telescope has true APO, or apochromatic, optics
- Diffraction limited at .25PV or better
- Genuine ED glass from Hoya Japan
- Enhanced Multi-Layer Coatings (EMD) are deposited on optical elements to boost contrast and eliminate light scatter.
- While refractors seldom require additional collimation after initial factory adjustment, the lens cell design allows for consumer collimation. This means that while you can send your ED127 to the Explore factory for collimation, it is not required.
- The ED127 APO Triplet comes with a heavy-duty 2" dual-speed rotatable focuser, included 2 draw tube extensions.
- Included 2" diagonal has a precision-polished mirror with enhanced 99% dielectric coatings. A 1.25" compression ring adapter is part of this package.
- To attach your Explore Scientific ED127 Air-Spaced Triplet telescope to a variety of mounts, we have included the "Vixen-style" dovetail. The "Vixen-style" plate fits mounts made by Explore, Meade, Celestron, Vixen & others.
- All Explore Scientific products come with a STAR Extended-Life-of-the-Product Warranty. Upon registration, this product will be under warranty for as long as it is manufactured, plus five years.
The Critical Element: Optics
Explore Scientific uses ED (Extra-low Dispersion) FCD1 (Dense Fluor Crown) glass developed and manufactured by Hoya Optical of Japan. Using the right glass with the appropriate properties enables the production of lenses that offer superior sharpness and color correction.
The optics used in Explore Scientific ED Air-Spaced Triplet refractors are truly diffraction-limited at .25PV or better. As a privilege of ownership, those who wish to obtain a copy of their interferometric data can request it up to 90 days after registration of their ED Triplet telescope by contacting the Explore Scientific Customer Service Department.
2" 99% Reflective Dielectric-Coated Diagonal
The purpose of a diagonal is to securely hold your eyepiece and to give you a comfortable viewing angle.
Provided as standard equipment, Explore Scientific's 2", 99% Reflective, Dielectric-Coated Diagonal incorporates a light-weight, one-piece diagonal body that securely cradles the precision polished diagonal flat mirror, insuring precision alignment.
Deluxe Two-Speed Focuser
On pristine nights of steady seeing, Saturn's Rings can forever affect the hearts and minds of almost anyone who lays eyes on them. It's nights like these that astronomers like to set up their refractors and push the magnification to the limits, not only to see the magnificence of the planet at greater scale but to really test the optical and mechanical quality of the telescope.
Many telescopes are only supplied with a standard single-speed focuser, you will find that a tiny nudge will throw out focus and turn your night into one of frustration.
So we included as standard equipment, on all Explore Scientific ED Series, a two-speed precision focuser with tension adjustment and lock to obtain and hold perfect focus. We think you'll agree that such precision is worth it.
EMD (Enhanced Multi-layer Deposition) Coatings eliminates light scatter and maintains high image contrast. This proprietary coating is applied to all Explore Scientific lenses in multiple layers for added durability.
Explore STAR Warranty
We are always striving to improve the quality of Explore Scientific eyepieces and to enhance your experience as a user of our products. This is why we created the Explore STAR Transferrable Extended Life-of-the Product Warranty Program.
For as long as Explore Scientific manufactures a product it is under warranty, no matter how many times it is sold or traded to another individual. And when we stop manufacturing a given model (referred to as the end of the Life of the Product), we will extend the warranty automatically for another five years.
- 127mm f/7.5 Carbon Fiber Optical Tube with Dual Speed Focuser, Vixen-Style Mounting Rail, and Finder Mounting Shoe
- 2" 99% Diagonal
- Hard Carry Case
|Optical Design:||Air-Spaced Triplet EDApochromatic Refractor|
|Resolving Power:||.91 arc seconds|
|Coatings:||EMD™ (Enhanced Multilayer Deposition) Coatings|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude:||13|
|Maximum Practical Visual Power:||500x|
|Lowest Useful Visual Power:||14.5x|
|Focuser:||Ten-to-One Dual-Speed w/ Adjustable Tension and Lock|
|Viewfinder:||8x50 Straight; Correct Image; Illuminated Reticle; Adjustable Objective and Eyepiece Focus; Dual-Ring, Six-Point, Bracket w/Quick Release Shoe|
|Cradle/Saddle Plate:||Dual Ring Style - Fits Explore Scientific Mounts; Vixen Mounts; Meade LXD55/75 Mounts|
|Size:||L=990.6mm x W=139.7mm|
|Tube Construction:||Carbon Fiber; Aluminum; Stainless Steel|
|Optical Tube Assembly Weight (with all standard accessories):||5 kg; 11 lb|