- Right-angle 8x50 finder makes it easier to hunt faint objects without back and neck strain
- Large 50 mm aperture lets you star hop using fainter stars and see many deep-sky objects directly
- Correct-image orientation shows a view of the sky that matches most star charts
- Generous 5.4 degree field of view makes it easy to pick out fainter guidepost stars
- Includes bracket, dovetail base, and dew shield
- Available in white, black, or silver-grey
Great direct replacement for your Meade LightBridgeDob Finder! Just slip the finder with bracket into the dovetail base of your LightBridge. No tools or modifications necessary.
Most telescopes come with a small, straight-through finder telescope. But many astronomers prefer the use of larger, right-angle finders that offer many more advantages. With a 50mm finder, you can hunt down fainter objects that you would not see in smaller 24mm or 30mm stock finders. "Correct Image" finders present a view that matches the orientation of the sky or the orientation of the stars in star charts. And, perhaps most importantly, your back and neck will thank you for using a "Right-Angle" finder and no longer subjecting them to various contortions at the telescope.
So if you are looking to upgrade your stock finder, GSO's high quality 8x50 right angle finder may be just what you need. It features a multi-coated 50mm achromatic objective, an Amici prism that provides a non-inverted, non-reversed correct-image, and single eyepiece cross-hairs that allow for precise centering of faint objects. The field of view is a generous 5.4 degrees.
The finder comes with a bracket and a dovetail base. The bracket has 2 nylon thumbscrews and one spring-loaded screw for quick and easy alignment of the finder with your telescope. The diagonal and eyepiece are not removable, changeable or rotatable. The finder comes with two protective end caps for the objective and the eyepiece.
This GSO finder telescope is available in a choice of white, black or silver/gray tube (The photo above shows the silver model). The dewshield, diagonal and eyepiece are black in all three models. The finder is easily focusable from the objective end by turning the objective assembly and locking focus using the focus lock ring just behind the dewshield. You may recognize these as the same finders sold by some other big name companies for a lot more.
Total Finder Weight = 18.4 oz (OTA = 11.5 oz, Bracket = 5.5 oz, Dovetail Base = 1.4 oz)
Tube Diameter = 53mm (2.09")
Dewshield Diameter = 58mm (2.28")
Tube Length (White/Black/Silver Section) = 86mm (3.39")
Total Finder Length = 205mm (8.07")
Telescope Mounting and Dovetail Base Choices
This finder includes a choice of one of several bases for your telescope (see the drop-down list above for available choices that are in stock). For details of each base, including dimensions and specifications, please see the links below:
- Universal Dovetail Mounting Base (Vixen/Orion/Synta/GSO Type) - Model FURB
- SCT Dovetail Mounting Base - Model SCTFURB
- Dovetail Mounting Base for GSO Crayford Focuser with M4 Mounting Screw - Model CFURB
- Deluxe Dovetail Mounting Base with Cross Slot - Model XFURB (please note that the notch on this item is a little smaller than the corresponding part on the GSO finder stalk, with the result that the finder bracket will stick out of this base on one side by about 3mm).
You May Also Be Interested In...
Our Price: $13.00
Our Price: $55.00
Our Price: $13.95
Our Price: $15.95