- 100 mm f/7 dedicated h-alpha telescope.
- Internal etalon allows a <0.75 Angstrom bandpass.
- True Doppler pressure tuning system for precision tuning adjustments.
- The LS100THa/B3400 includes a 2″ Starlight Instruments Feather Touch Focuser, aluminum case, a sun- finder, 12″ dovetail, and an internal B3400 blocking filter.
- Diagonal not included.
The Lunt Solar Systems LS100THa is a complete solar telescope. This refractor-based system has a precision-aligned singlet chromatic lens with a 102 mm aperture. The front singlet lens reduces the stray light over an achromat by half. With the matched collimation lens set, it also fully corrects on-axis coma, astigmatism and de-centering aberrations, and provides a full spherically corrected flat-field solar telescope.
The focal length is 714 mm, for an f/ratio of 7. Coarse focus adjustment is via a slide tube. Focusing is achieved with a high precision 2" Starlight Feather Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction as standard equipment. An internal etalon with tune adjustment allows for a <0.7 Angstrom bandpass.
True Doppler Tuning allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3-D like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on solar prominences due to their location at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun, the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through its structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
LS100THa Specifications: (single stacked)
- Optical Aperture: 102 mm
- Etalon: Internal <0.7 Angstrom
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Focal Length: 714 mm
- F Ratio: F/7
- Focuser: 2" Feather-Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction
- Tube diameter: 121 mm
- Tube length with blocking filter: 634 mm
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 12.2 lb
- Optical tube with 2" Feather Touch focuser with 1.5″ travel
- B3400 Blocking Filter (Mounted inside focuser; no diagonal included)
- Sun Finder: Televue Sol Searcher
- Mounting: Lunt 12" Dovetail
- Case: Aluminum Finished Hard Case with Custom Foam
Manufacturer part #: LS100THa/B3400
Choosing a Blocking Filter that is right for you:
- B1200 – for visual use (telescope/filter combination sold separately)
- B1800 – for larger field of view and imaging applications (telescope/filter combination sold separately)
- B3400 – for larger field of view and imaging applications with larger sensors (included with this telescope)
Internal Double Stack Module available as an add-on option:
- Lunt also offers a Double Stack Module for this telescope (part # DSII/LS100THa; sold separately) to lower the bandpass and enhance the solar image. You can add the DS module to this telescope at the time of purchase or anytime thereafter.