The Lunt LS50FHa is a 50mm aperture (no central obstruction) integrally tuned etalon for use on any customer supplied refractor.
These Hydrogen-alpha Filters are designed to retrofit (adapters required) the customer supplied telescope for use during the day. They are easily removable so that the scope can continue to be used for night observing.
Because the LS50FHa has an estimated bandpass of <0.70 Angstroms it is capable of providing high contrast views of both surface and edge detail. Adding an additional etalon (double-stacking) will reduce the bandpass to ~<0.50 (dependent upon scope) allowing for higher resolution viewing and/or imaging. The part number LS50FHa is offered for this purpose or for those who already have a Lunt blocking filter. A Lunt blocking filter must be used with Lunt Ha filters at all times.
LS50FHa Specifications: (single filter)
- Optical Aperture: 50mm
- Etalon: Internal
- Tuning: Tilt
- Focal Length: Customer Telescope
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Typically an adapter plate will be required to attach a Lunt Solar Filter to the front of a customer supplied telescope.
- No adapter is needed to add one LS50FHa to another for double-stacking.
- Find the manual for this product here. (.pdf, 341k)
You May Also Be Interested In...
Lunt Solar 60mm Ha Solar Telescope Double Stacked / B1200 Blocking Filter / 2" Feather Touch Focuser
Lunt Solar 60mm Ha Solar Telescope Double Stacked with Pressure Tuner / B600 Filter / 2" Crayford Focuser