The addition of a secondary front-mounted interference filter and the upgrade to the B1200 blocking filter transforms the Lunt LS60THa into a superb, visually enhanced instrument with the ability to also image the Sun utilizing basic camera equipment.
Adding the front filter provides a view of the Sun in virtual 3D. An active ball of churning boiling gasses that spew from the surface in what can be violent eruptions. Cause and effect can be viewed and imaged in real time.
This upgrade to the visual system comes standard with the pressure tuning system and puts a research grade instrument into the hands of the observer and the imager.
True Doppler Tuning (Pressure Tuning) allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3D like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on prominences due to their being at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through it’s structure toward and away from the user, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
- Ultra-Narrow Band Hydrogen-alpha (656.28nm) Dedicated System
- A 60mm refractor based system with additional 50mm aperture secondary removable filter
- Dual etalons with Pressure Tuner allows for <0.5 Angstrom bandpass, providing 3D like enhanced surface detail
- The larger rear blocking filter allows for imaging with most basic camera equipment
- The system includes the clamshell with threaded holes for mounting, dust caps, and is delivered in two aluminum re-enforced cases
- An eyepiece is NOT included, and although any eyepiece will work, Lunt recommends their 7.2-21.5mm Lunt Zoom eyepiece
LS60THa (Double Stacked with Pressure Tuner) Specifications:
- Type: Dual Interference Etalon
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning) and front Tilt
- Aperture: 60mm (Scope) 50mm (Filter)
- Focal Length: 500mm
- F Ratio: F/8.3
- Bandpass: <0.5 Angstroms @ 656nm
- Focuser: 2" Crayford with 10:1 fine adjustment
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Diagonal: B600 Blocking Filter with 1.25" eyepiece holder and male T thread
- Storage: 2 aluminum finished hard cases with fitted foam