The Lunt Solar Systems LS80THa/PT (pressure tuned) is a complete and dedicated solar telescope. A precision aligned ED refractor with a fully un-obstructed 80mm optical aperture, this package provides a significant step up into the Intermediate category of Daytime Solar Observing. The LS80THa/PT maintains the most advanced technology of Doppler True Tuning for fine adjustment of the center wavelength, allowing research of the Sun's disk and surface details at increased image scale. Prominences, flares, super granulation, filaments, and active regions will be observable.
True Doppler Tuning allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3D-like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on prominences due to their location at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun, the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through it's structure, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
LS80THa/PT Specifications:(single stacked)
- Optical Aperture: 80mm (Unobstructed)
- Etalon: Internal <0.7 Angstrom
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Focal Length: 560mm
- F Ratio: F/7
- Focuser: 2" Starlight Feather Touch with 10:1 reduction and 2.5" of travel
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Diagonal: B1200 Blocking Filter with 1.25" eyepiece holder and male T thread
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Sun Finder: Tele Vue Sol Searcher
- Mounting: Lunt 5.91" Dovetail
- Eyepiece: Lunt Zoom Eyepiece
- Case: Aluminum Finished Hard Case with Custom Foam