Meade Series 4000 Telescope Color Filters:
- Large 26mm in clear aperture
- Manufactured from the purest crown optical glass
- Dyed-in-the-mass (not "color coated")
- Each filter glass is anti-reflection coated on both sides and is mounted in a machined aluminum cell with the Wratten No. of the filter marked on the side of the cell.
- Filters may be piggybacked, or stacked, to achieve selective filtration of the visual color spectrum.
Color filters can be very useful for enhancing your views of the Moon and the planets. Depending on the atmospheric conditions, the telescope being used, the observer's experience, and the planet being observed or photographed, the advantages of color filters can be anywhere from subtle to dramatic. The right filter can make all the difference between seeing several small craters in the floor of Clavius on the Moon or not; seeing five or six swirls in Jupiter's belts or not; or seeing the inner Crepe Ring of Saturn or not.
Meade #12 Yellow Color Filter # 07511. For improving contrast and visibility on planetary features. 74% transmission. Improves contrast on lunar features, especially when combined with a neutral density filter, low-contrast banding in the thick Venusian cloud cover, visibility of the Martian polar cap and dust storms, and belt detail on Jupiter and Saturn.
For all 1.25" eyepieces that can accept standard 1.25" astronomy filters. Premium quality glass filter with aluminum cell. Made in Japan. New old stock so boxes may show some light wear from storage.
Product carries full one year factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).
Agena Informational Article: Choosing a Color / Planetary Filter