- 12" f/10 Advanced Coma Free Optics - 3048mm focal length
- Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
- Oversized Low-Expansion Borosilicate Primary Mirror
- Primary Mirror Lock for increased image stability
- Losmandy-style Dovetail
Advanced Coma-Free LX200 Optical Tube comes with Meade's Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UTHC), Oversized Low-Expansion Borosilicate Primary Mirror, Schott Borofloat Glass Corrector Plate, Diffraction Limited Optics, and Dust Cover.
The Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical system has brought the highest level of optical performance well within the reach of most amateurs. Using the Meade exclusive design, ACF optics achieve aplanatic performance — with a flatter field, reduced astigmatism and eliminated diffractions spikes — equal to Ritchy-Chétien systems, at a fraction of the price. Coupled with Meade’s Ultra- High Transmission Coatings (standard on all LX200-ACF systems), you have the ultimate in premium optics.
All LX200 models feature a primary mirror locking mechanism, which effectively prevents movement of the primary mirror during long exposure astrophotography or observing. Turn the lock knob located just above the telescopes main focus knob and the progressive-tension primary lock completely cancels any residual image shift due to mirror movement during visual, photographic, or imaging applications.
- Clear Aperture: 12"
- Optical Design: Advanced Coma-Free (ACF)
- Optical Coatings: UHTC
- Focal Length: 3048mm
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Resolving Power (Dawes' Limit): 0.380 arc-seconds
- Oversized Primary Mirror: Yes
- Mirror Lock: Yes
- Focuser Mechanism: Single Speed Focuser
- Assembled Product Weight: 35 lbs
The 12" LX200 Optical Tube Assembly #1210-60-01 has a 3048mm focal length, an f/10 focal ratio, and weighs 35lbs.
Product carries full one year Meade factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).