- 16" f/8 Advanced Coma Free Optics - 3251mm focal length
- Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
- Oversized Low-Expansion Borosilicate Primary Mirror
- Losmandy style mounting rail
- Primary Mirror Lock for increased image stability
Meade 16" f/8 ACF Optical Tube Assembly #1608-80-01 with the Losmandy-style dovetail. The bare essentials for an unbeatable price.
We've heard your requests, and we listened. That's why we're proud to offer the f/8 OTA without the accessories for an ultra-low cost.
Building on Meade’s award-winning Advanced Coma-Free™ (ACF™) optics, the 16" OTA employs a fast f/8 optical system with high-contrast baffling that insures crisp, pinpoint imaging to the very edge of the field. Features an internal zero image shift Crayford-style focusing system with a two-speed 7:1 reduction control that provides smooth, precise focusing at any magnification. Also features Meade's Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum brightness and contrast, an oversized low-expansion primary mirror for extra aperture and to prevent thermal expansion of the mirror, primary mirror lock for increased image stability, and diffraction-limited optics.
Includes precision machined Losmandy-style dovetail rail mated to the tube with wide-stance radius blocks for rock-steady mounting, and front and rear dust covers. Focal length 3251mm. OTA weighs 70 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Clear Aperture: 16"
- Optical Design: Advanced Coma-Free (ACF)
- Optical Coatings: UHTC
- Focal Length: 3251mm
- Focal Ratio: f/8
- Resolving Power (Dawes' Limit): 0.285 arc-seconds
- OTA Cooling Fan: Yes
- Oversized Primary Mirror: Yes
- Mirror Lock: Yes
- Focuser Mechanism: Internal Crayford-style, zero image-shift, dual speed 7:1 focuser
- Dovetail: Losmandy-style with ultra stable radius blocks
Product carries full one year Meade factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).
Manufacturer part number: 1608-80-01