This set contains the following products:
Telescope OTA Details
- 120mm (4.7") f/8.3 Achromat Refractor - 1000mm focal length
- 6x30 optical viewfinder
- 2" rack and pinion focuser and 2" diagonal with 1.25" adapter
- 1.25" 26mm and 9mm (38x and 111x) Plossl eyepieces
- Includes dovetail and tube rings
The Meade LX70 5" Achromat Refractor Optical Tube is equipped with a high-quality, diffraction-limited, air-spaced objective lens producing high resolution and incredible contrast for lunar, planetary, and deep-sky observations. Its 120mm clear aperture allows it to resolve details down to 0.9 arc-seconds across and can be viewed using the two included 1.25" Plossl eyepieces. With its 2" rack and pinion focuser and 2" 90° diagonal, it is equipped to handle wide-field 2" eyepieces out of the box. The 6x30 optical viewfinder with cross-hair reticle makes locating faint object quickly and easily. All LX70 optical tube assemblies come complete with an aluminum Vixen-style dovetail and dust covers, and they will provide their owner a lifetime of observing satisfaction. Optical tube weight is 11 pounds.
LX70 EQ Mount Details
- Meade LX70 German Equatorial Mount # 41-7100-00
- Includes heavy duty steel tripod and 11.4 lb counterweight
- Maximum recommended payload 20 lbs, excluding counterweight
- Includes slow motion controls (both axes) and eyepiece tray
- Vixen-style dovetail for telescope not included
Meade's new LX70 Series are high-quality German equatorially mounted telescopes with slow-motion controls and heavy-duty steel tripod. The Meade LX70 German EQ mount includes enhanced features including brass worm-gear drives on both axes for smooth tracking performance, aluminum setting circles and built-in leveling bubble. The large knob slow-motion control cables make it easy to track objects on those frigid nights when wearing gloves is a necessity. The mount accepts any vixen-style dovetail for mounting third party optical tubes up to 20 lbs.
The heavy-duty tripod is equipped with full size accessory tray and holders for both 1.25" and 2" eyepieces. When aligning on the celestial poles, precision push-pull adjustments in both azimuth and elevation make it a breeze. The elevations built-in micrometer scale will help you dial in your site latitude quickly every time.
With Meade's optional 670010 polar scope, finding the celestial poles with high accuracy is easy. Combined with Meade's optional 670011 dual axis motor drives, the LX70 German Equatorial mount becomes an imaging platform ideal for high-performance observing or astrophotography. The Meade LX70 mount is designed to keep you looking up for many years to come.
- German EQ Mount with slow motion controls
- Steel tripod
- Mount weight 9 pounds
- Tripod weight 12 pounds
- Tripod height adjustable from 33 to 46 inches tall
- Tripod footprint 38" leg tip to leg tip
- Maximum recommended payload 20 pounds, excluding counterweight
- Single 11.4 pound counterweight
- Polar scope and dual axis drive sold separately
User Manual: Meade LX70 Series (PDF format, 1MB)
You May Also Be Interested In...
Our Price: $49.95
Our Price: $49.95
Sale Price: $46.95
Our Price: $199.95