- 200mm (8") f/5 Newtonian Reflector - 1000mm focal length
- Fast F/5 parabolic primary mirror; 8x50 optical viewfinder
- 2" rack and pinion focuser with 1.25" adapter
- 1.25" 26mm and 9mm (38x and 111x) Plossl eyepieces
- Includes dovetail and tube rings; Mount not included
The Meade LX70 8" Newtonian Reflector is equipped with a high-quality f/5 parabolic primary mirror. This fast f/5 optical system provides spectacular wide-field images for the discriminating deep-sky observer and astro-photographer. Its 8" aperture allows it to resolve details down to 0.57 arc-seconds across and can be viewed using the two included 1.25" Plossl eyepieces (9mm & 26mm). With its 2" rack and pinion focuser, it is equipped to handle wide-field 2" eyepieces out of the box. The 8x50 optical viewfinder with cross-hair reticle makes locating faint object quickly and easily.
All LX70 optical tube assemblies come complete with an aluminum Vixen-style dovetail and dust covers, and they will provide their owner a lifetime of observing satisfaction. Optical tube weight is 20 pounds. LX70 mount sold separately.
Product carries full one year Meade factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).
Manufacturer part number: 270012
User Manual: Meade LX70 Series (PDF format, 1MB)