- 8” (203 mm) Dobsonian-style Newtonian
- 1200 mm focal length (f/5.9)
- 2” single-speed rack-and-pinion focuser with 1.25” adapter
- 4-element Plossl 25 mm and 10 mm 1.25” eyepieces
- 9x50 finderscope
- Solid rocker-mount with Teflon bearings and tension clutch for altitude
- Teflon bearing for azimuth
The Sky-Watcher Traditional Dobsonian Telescope 203mm/1200mm (6") has a "paraboloidal" primary mirror to eliminate spherical aberration and a four-arm, secondary-mirror bracket with fine supports (0.5mm thick), to reduce diffraction spikes and light loss. In addition, this model includes a 2" focuser with a 1.25" adapter, allowing the use of either eyepiece size. This model also includes a tension control handle.
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture (mm): 203 mm (8 in)
- Focal Length: 1200mm
- Focal Ratio: f/5.9
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm): 25
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm): 10
- Finderscope: 9x50
- Highest Useful Magnification: 406x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14.2
- OTA length: 43"
- OTA width: 9.375"
- OTA weight (with accessories): 20 lbs
- Base weight: 25 lbs
- Base dimensions: 29 x 20.5"
- Zenith eyepiece height: 45"
Product carries full 2 year manufacturer factory limited warranty (within US only).
Manufacturer part number: S11610
|OTA Length||43" (Retract/Ext.)|
|OTA Outer Diameter||9.375"|
|OTA Weight (with accessories)||20 lb
|Mirror Coatings||94% Aluminum|
|True Aperture (mm)||257|
|Primary Aperture (mm)||203|
|Primary Edge Thickness||N/A|
|Focal Length (mm)||1200|
|Secondary Obstruction (by diameter)||24%|
|Secondary Obstruction by Area||6%|
|Included Finder||9x50 Finder|
|Included Eyepieces||25/10 Wide Ange|
|Magnification w/ Included Eyepieces||48x/120x|
|Light Gathering (compared to next size down)||78%|