The Tele Vue-NP101 (Nagler/Petzval) represents Tele Vue's closest realization yet of the "ideal" multi-purpose photo/visual telescope. Its snap-to-focus sharpness across even the widest true fields, and rich planetary contrast will take your breath away. Its quality, easy set-up, and airline portability beckons your use.
Over 20 years ago Tele Vue reinterpreted the incredible design flexibility of the Petzval portrait lens into an astronomical objective. No other design type affords the freedom to simultaneously correct for: coma, astigmatism, field curvature, secondary spectrum, spherical aberration, and spherochromatism. The artful combination of materials and design bestows the Tele Vue-NP101 with diffraction limited performance into the furthest reaches of the visual spectrum.
Manufacturing advances in lens finishing, including interferometric monitoring of all surfaces, and Tele Vue's stringent assembly and quality control, insure uniformly excellent results with every telescope, and a level of manufacturer direct service all too rare.
If your interests range from terrestrial to rich-field or planetary astronomical, or to photography, just put in your eyepiece or attach a camera and the NP101 is ready to satisfy right out of its case.
This Kit Includes:
- Sliding metal dew shield
- Screw-on metal lens cover
- Tube ring-mount with mounting threads
- 2" Everbrite (99%, 1/10-wave) mirror diagonal with brass clamp ring
- 1.25" eyepiece adapter with brass clamp ring
- Focusmate dual-speed focuser 10:1
- Hard-shell carry case
Hard Case Specifications:
- Fits TV-NP101, TV-NP101is, and Genesis (f/5) only.
- Supports telescope by the tube, taking pressure off the front cell and focuser pinion.
- Two removable soft carry bags in the case lid hold a variety of accessories including the diagonal, and 9 eyepiece cutouts. There are three more cutouts in the hardcase itself.
- Dual handles designed to fit together comfortably in hand.
- Positive lock latches with locks.
- Digital Indicator and Starbeam friendly.
- Opens flat.
- Approximate maximum exterior dimensions (handles flat): 30½x11x9¾inches (75x30x25cm)
Useful ResourcesTele Vue-NP101 Operating Guide
|Type||Apo (Nagler-Petzval) Refractor
|Focal Length (mm)||540|
|Focal Ratio (f/#)||5.4|
|Length OTA (inch)||26.1|
|Length with diagonal (inch)||29 (with 2-inch diagonal)|
|Weight OTA/Std. Config (lbs)||9 / 11.3|
|Maximum Visual Field (deg.)||4.9 (with 2-inch 55mm Plössl)|
|Maximum Recommended Power (x)||250|