Plastic thumb screw with knurled head; Slotted drive style; #6-32 thread with 0.5" thread length. Pack of 4 screws. Made of Nylon 6/6 which can be cut to shorter lengths if desired.
Thumb screws are designed to be tightened and loosened by hand. The easy-grip head allows for simple "by-hand" installation. The knurled surface on the head gives a better gripping surface, making it easier to tighten or loosen fasteners manually.
Nylon 6/6 is a general purpose thermoplastic with outstanding resistance to organic chemicals, acids and alkalis. Nylon wears well against other surfaces; it is readily machinable and may be milled, turned and cut with conventional machine tools. It does exhibit some dimensional swelling in wet applications which should be taken into account with its use.
- Thumb Screws allow for simple "by-hand" installation
- Knurled head provides extra grip for manual tightening
- Driven by a flat-bladed driver
- Nylon 6/6 is suitable where non-conductivity, corrosion resistance, and cost are important considerations
- Coarse threads are better for brittle materials, and will assemble and disassemble more quickly than fine threads
Diagram & Measurements:
A = Head Height: 0.243 in (6.2mm)
B = Head Diameter: 0.336 in (8.5mm)
C = Slot Width: Information not available
E = Slot Depth: Information not available
L = Thread Length: 0.5 in (4.3mm)
Thread Size: #6-32
Thread Style: Coarse
Head Style: Knurled
Drive Style: Slotted
Material: Plastic (Nylon 6/6)