Achromatic Refractor Telescope
My very first telescope was a 70mm (2.8”). With this size aperture you will, as I did, be on your way to discovering the craters and mountains on our moon, the rings around Saturn and the storms on Jupiter. With a star chart you will find beautiful double stars of varying colors, and on moonless nights, you will see the Andromeda Galaxy, the Orion Nebula and hundreds of other Deep Sky objects. Use for terrestrial viewing to spot those far off ships or nesting birds. The A70Lf, although inexpensive, is not a toy telescope. It has the same quality glass and exacting workmanship that goes into our much larger instruments. I hope you’ll find it as enjoyable as I did as you begin this great adventure we call amateur astronomy. Clear Skies MrStarGuy
The A70Lf is an Achromatic Refractor with 70mm (2.8”) of aperture. Its focal length is 900mm (3 ft.) with an f ratio of 12.9. This lightweight telescope has a maximum magnifying power of 143x and reaches a limiting visual magnitude of 11. Its light gathering is 100 times better than the human eye and has a maximum (realistic) power of 143X. It weighs about 4 lbs and is covered by Vixen's 5 Year Warranty.
The A70lf OTA (Optical Tube Assembly) comes complete with:
- A smaller 6x24mm finder telescope that attaches to the main scope to help you center the object.
- A 20mm eyepiece for general viewing.
- A 6.3mm eyepiece for those really clear nights for high power viewing.
- A diagonal Prism that connects the eyepiece to the telescope.
- A Dew / Sun shield (not for solar observing)
- Complete tube rings and dovetail plate to quickly attach the A70Lf to a Vixen mount
- Focal Length: 900mm
- Resolving Power: 1.66 arc sec
- Limiting Magnitude: 11.0
- Adapter Thread: 42mm/ For T-Ring
- Tube Diameter Length and Weight: 76mm x 865mm (3 x 34 in); 1.9 kg (4 lbs)
Photographic Accessory Chart - Prime Focus Photography