This bundle includes:
I. Vixen R130Sf 5" (130mm) Diameter Newtonian Telescope Optical Tube
This lightweight 5" reflector is a favorite of many new astronomers because it features remarkable light gathering with sharp images for its price and size. With a standard 20mm Plossl eyepiece, more than the entire moon fills the eyepiece. You'll view innumerable star clusters, nebulae and galaxies. Add a 32mm eyepiece (not included) and the heavens open up with a remarkable 2.5 degree field of view! All of the stars in the Pleiades can be viewed at the same time. The visual observer will enjoy wide views of deep sky objects. Actual groups of nebula or clusters can be viewed at the same time with this instrument.
The R130Sf comes standard with the 6x30 finder and dovetail tube plate that fits very well on all the Vixen mounts. This is a scope you can start with on a basic user-friendly Porta Mount and later move up to one of our electronic mounts such as the Skypod or Sphinx.
- Optical tube: 130mm, Multi Coated, Newtonian Optical Tube
- Focal Length/F#: 650mm F/5.0
- Eyepieces: PL20mm, PL 6.3mm
- Finder scope: 6 x 30 Finder
- Focuser: 31.7mm Push Fit
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.3
- Light Gathering Power: 345x
- Optical Tube Length: 575mm / 22.6 in
- Tube Diameter: 160mm / 6.3 in
- Optical Tube Weight: 8.8 lb
II. Vixen Porta II Mount:
The Porta II is a solid altazimuth mount with a 20lb payload capacity and features Slow Motion Flexible Handles to minimize vibrations and keep your view sharp. This is very useful in searching and tracking celestial objects. The Sky at Night says: "When moving the telescope around the sky with this mount, we found any vibrations quickly dampened down. The whole system was very stable, even when the tripod was at its maximum extended height"*. The mount head is easily removed to allow for a switch to a heavier tripod. In addition, this is a great mount for terrestrial viewing. With no locks or clutches, our gear drives make it a simple matter to precisely track a planet or a ship on the horizon by turning the elevation and/or azimuth control handles. The Porta II Mount features slow motion control of both axes, solid central bolt for easy tripod change, flex handles and accessory tray.
The “World-Standard” dovetail attachment system on PORTA II was developed by Vixen. This allows the PORTA II to accept various dovetail mounted optical tubes and binoculars.
- Mount: Port II Altazimuth Mount
- Tripod: Aluminum 2 section adjustable; 35.4" to 51" (90cm to 130cm)
- Mount Weight: 15 lbs including tripod
- Load Capacity: 20 lbs
- Vertical and Horizontal Slow Motion: 120 Tooth Wheel Gears whole circle movement; Friction control system
- Telescope Attachment: Dove Tail Plate
- Accessories: Flexible Slow Motion Handles (2), Accessory Tray, Tool Kit