5" (130mm) Diameter Newtonian Telescope Optical Tube
This lightweight 5â reflector is a favorite of many new astronomers because it features remarkable light gathering with sharp images for its price and size. With a standard 20mm PlÅssl, more than the entire moon fills the eyepiece. Youâll view innumerable star clusters and dark clouds, not to mention nebulas and galaxies. Add a 32mm and the heavens open up with a remarkable 2.5 degree field of view! All of the stars in the Pleiades can be viewed at the same time. The visual observer will enjoy wide views of deep sky objects. Actual groups of nebula or clusters can be viewed at the same time with this instrument.
The R130Sf comes standard with the 6 x 30 finder, 2 eyepieces, tube rings, and a dovetail plate that fits on all the Vixen mounts. This is a scope you can start with on a basic user-friendly Porta II Mount and later move up to one of our electronic mounts such as the Sphinx SXW. Universe Today says "The Vixen R130Sf is absolutely the perfect size for someone who needs enough aperture to light up popular deep sky objects, but doesn't need to lug around a 12" telescope". Read the full review.
- Optical tube: 130mm, Multi Coated, Newtonian Optical Tube
- Focal Length/F#: 650mm F/5.0
- Eyepieces: PL20mm, PL 6.3mm
- Adapter Thread: 42mm/ For T-Ring
- Finder scope: 6 x 30 Finder
- Focuser: 31.7mm Push Fit
- Highest Useful Magnification: 260x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.3
- Resolution: Rayleigh
- Resolving power: 0.89"
- Light Gathering Power: 345x
- Field of View: Standard eyepiece with LV20mm: 1.5 degrees - 40x
- Optical Coatings: Multi-coated
- Optical Tube Length: 575mm / 22.6 in
- Optical Diameter: 160mm /6.3 in
- Optical Tube Weight: 8.8 lb
130mm, Multi Coated, Newtonian Optical Tube
Focal Length / F#
|Eyepieces||PL20mm, PL 6.3mm|
6 x 30 Finder
Highest Useful Magnification
Limiting Stellar Magnitude
Resolving power : 0.89"
Light Gathering Power
Field of View: standard eyepiece
with LV20mm : 1.5 degrees - 40x
Optical Tube Length
Tube diameter 140mm / 5.5 in
Optical Tube Weight