- FLT98 （FPL 53 flourite ED) Triplet F/6.3 OTA in aluminum white color powder painted tube
- 3.5” focuser with new RotoLock 2" visual back
- Includes mounting rings and high quality soft carry bag
- Air spaced STM coated Apo triplet lens designed by A. Strakhov
The FLT98 is a portable, high quality, versatile APO telescope designed for individuals who want a very high quality instrument in a relatively compact package. This model features an dual speed 3.5" R&P focuser and features William Optics' latest RotoLock Visual Back.
This telescope features a Russian-designed air-spaced triplet f/6.3 lens in an adjustable lens cell. The optics are of superb quality with amazing clarity and color correction. With stylish and unique mechanics, top-quality optics, and no chromatic aberration (true apochromatic performance), this is an excellent grab and go scope that any astronomer should own. This refractor is indeed in a new realm of mechanical technology advances and optical perfection!
The redesigned telescope features a new aluminum tube with William Optics' renowned quality fit and finish: Gold signature dew shield cover, retractable dew shield, draw tube graduated scale imprinted, larger extra-smooth (3.5") R&P focuser, RotoLock 2" visual back, a well padded soft case, a dovetail rail, and pair of high quality mounting rings. This set-up will be a treat to use for astrophotography!
The pre-DDG version was reviewed in the Sky at Night (December 2008) astronomy magazine with great acclaim! The DDG focuser version of this same scope was a Sky & Telescope Hot Product in 2010!
- Features a top-quality triplet f/6.3 air-spaced objective, one of the best WO has ever made!
- This scope is extremely sharp and has great color correction. It is ideal for astrophotography.
- Precision optics with STM coatings.
- Designed by a leading Russian designer with FPL-53 glass.
- Extra-smooth 3.5" R&P focuser: a treat to use during astrophotography. No more image shift.
- RotoLock visual back securely locks and centers your diagonal or camera.
- 360 deg. rotatable.
- Large aluminum knobs.
- Extra-heavy duty.
- Stainless steel reinforcement inserts on both sides and on the back to allow heavy loading without problems.
- Graduated scale for precise camera alignment.
Simply Beautiful Finish
- Solid CNC-machined mounting rings and Vixen-style dovetail rail included in the price.
- Pure William Optics quality fit and finish: powder-painted white CNC-machined aluminum tube, golden finish, retractable dewshield, anodized 360 deg. rotatatable crayford focuser, dewshield cap.
Total Quality Package
- Dedicated field flattener available separately.
- 1.25" adapter included.
High Quality Soft Case
- Stow away your telescope in the practical and safe soft padded case (included).
- Though you will never need it, you have a 2-year warranty from WO, and the certainty that we will be there to assist you even beyond that, if you need!
|Focal Length||618 mm|
|Objective Type||Air-Spaced Triplet Apochromatic objective|
|Linear Focuser||3.5" 360° Rotating Camera-angle Adjuster
1.25" Adapter Included
|Type of Mount||Mounting Rings|
|Tube Length||513 mm Fully Retracted
600 mm Fully Extended
|Tube Type||New Aluminum Tube|
|Case||Heavy Duty Padded Soft Case|
You May Also Be Interested In...
Our Price: $72.00
Our Price: $319.00
Baader AstroSolar Filter for Spotting Scopes, Small Telescopes, & Telephoto Lenses - 115mm Filter Aperture # ASSF-115
Our Price: $72.00
Our Price: $44.00