Special Website Offer: For a limited time, get a free deluxe WO soft padded case - a $55 value - with the purchase of this telescope!
Special Offer: Receive $10 off a Soft Carry Case for this telescope. Just add both items to your cart and the discount will be automatically applied. Offer valid ONLY if you purchase both items (Case and Z71 Scope) in the same transaction.
This set # A-Z71A-P contains the following products:
- William Optics ZenithStar 71mm f/5.9 Doublet ED Refractor OTA # A-Z71A
- 2" 0.8x Apo Reducer / Field Flattener 6 # P-FLAT-F6
A) William Optics ZenithStar 71mm f/5.9 Doublet ED Refractor OTA # A-Z71A
A small-aperture but extremely-portable ED scope at a GREAT price? The latest ZS 71 ED Doublet is here to fit all your needs!
Excellent mechanics, fit and finish, with the latest WO 2" Rack & Pinion 2-speed fine focuser. Improved focuser is so good that it replicates the smoothness and lack of backlash normally associated with a Crayford focuser, but with the huge advantage of much increased mechanical strength.
- ED glass (Japanese imported Ohara glass) doublet air-spaced, in CNC machined ultra-high precision lens cell.
- Each lens is Fully Multi-Coated with a special super-high transmission coating (STM Coating) on all surfaces.
- Fully baffled to block all extraneous off-axis light rays and prevent glancing reflections, increasing overall contrast.
- 71 mm clear aperture and F/5.9 focal ratio.
Nothing Left to Chance
- Perfect for Vixen-style mount dovetail bases. You can slide it directly into the mount without a dovetail plate if you like.
- Pure William Optics quality fit and finish: powder-painted white CNC-machined aluminum tube
- Drawtube travel length 80 mm with graduated scale.
- Retractable dewshield, smallest size ever and enhanced portability!
- Can mount a WO 2'' star diagonal and other 2" accessories.
Astrophotography ED Scope
- Fast focal ratio for bright, high-quality astro-imaging.
- Perfect for piggybacking as a guide scope
Wonderful WO Microfocuser
- New rotatable Rack & Pinion focuser, smooth and precise, ideal during astrophotography; can be fully locked and will not flex or slip even with a very heavy camera combination.
- Adjustable focuser tension.
- Super-smooth and reliable 1:10 micro focuser for fine focusing during imaging and visual observations alike.
- Aluminum fine knob protection cover is included.
Attention to Packaging
- The astrophotography package includes the OTA as well as the acclaimed Flat6 2" 0.8x reducer / flattener.
- Carry-on size: you do not have to leave this treasure home!
- Two-year, no fuss warranty and constant customer service!
B) 2" 0.8x Apo Reducer / Field Flattener 6 # P-FLAT-F6
The new William Optics 0.8x Reducer Flattener 6 has been developed specifically for the William Optics ZS71 and other F6 Williams Optics refractors such as the ZS70, Megrez 72, ZS66, etc. It should also work successfully with other manufacturer's f/6 (+/-) telescopes of similar aperture. It provides good illumination and flat field across APS sized and smaller sensors.
The flattener features a standard male T thread (M42x0.75) on the camera end. The telescope end of the 2" nosepiece has a male SCT thread (2"x24tpi) on the outside and a standard 2" filter thread (M48x0.75) on the inside. So not only can you attach your favorite astronomy filters to this flattener, you can also couple it directly with female SCT threaded items (such as the tube of the ZS66 telescope). The 2" nosepiece features a recessed safety groove as well.
Weight = 8.6oz; Total length = 2.65" (67.3mm); includes 2 end caps.
User Manual: William Optics ZenithStar 71 (PDF format, 1.36 MB)
|Focal Length||418 mm|
|Objective Type||ED Doublet, Air Spaced, Fully Multi-Coated, SMC coating.|
|Focuser||50.8mm (2") Rack & Pinion Focuser with 1:10 Dual Speed microfocuser
80 mm (3.2") Focuser Travel Length
360° Rotatable Design
|1.25" Adapter||Brass Compression Rings|
|L-type Mount||Integrated L Bracket (fits SmartEQ mount)|
|Tube Diameter||93 mm (3.66")|
|Tube Length||310 mm Fully Retracted
355 mm Fully Extended
|Tube Weight||6 lbs. (2.7 kg)|