- 0.34 megapixel CMOS color astronomy camera with 728x512 resolution and 5.6 μm pixels
- Affordable and easy-to-use camera that's ideal for lunar, planetary, solar, and brighter deep-sky objects
- USB 2.0 transfer (8 bits) at up to 95 fps at maximum resolution and 335 fps at reduced resolution
- Attractive red anodized CNC aluminum body stands up to heavy field use
- Ready to go out of the box with driver software and 1.25"-T2 adapter
- Compact body with dimension 62mm diameter and 28mm length, and weight of only 100 g (3.5 oz)
The ZWO ASI034MC is a sensitive and economical color astronomy camera suitable for capturing images of the Moon, planets, and the Sun (with a proper solar filter), as well as brighter deep-sky objects. It's a perfect camera for beginners who wish to get started in astrophotography.
The heart of this color camera is a sensitive ASX340CS 1/4" CMOS sensor with 0.34 megapixels (728x512). The pixel size is 5.6 μm, small enough for imaging solar-system objects but large enough to capture color images of brighter nebulae, galaxies, and star clusters. The camera enables exposure times of 64 μs to 60 s.
Many cameras in this price range have plastic housings, but the ASI034MC has a robust and attractive CNC machined red-anodized aluminum body that stands up to heavy field use. A 1/4-20 thread in the bottom of the camera makes it easy to attach the device to a camera tripod or mount, and four M4 threads along the outside edge offer additional mounting options.
The camera body features a standard T/T2 female thread (M42x0.75) so that it can be directly connected to T-threaded accessories. Included is a 1.25"-T threaded nosepiece adapter that allows you to use the camera in standard 1.25" telescope focusers. The front of the camera also has a short (8mm long) 2" barrel that can be directly inserted into 2" telescope focusers. While this will work, we recommend that use of a 2" T threaded prime focus adapter (not included) for a more robust connection to 2" telescope focusers.
At full resolution of 728x512, the USB 2.0 interface of this camera can transfer up to 95 frames per second. At reduced resolution, download rates up to 335 fps become possible. Output resolution at all transfer speeds is 8 bits.
The ZWO ASI034MC astronomy camera comes with a Windows camera driver. The manual and Firecapture and Sharpcap control software are available for download at the ZWO website.
Camera technical details
- Sensor: 1/4″ CMOS ASX340CS
- Resolution: 0.34 Mega Pixels 728X512
- Pixel Size: 5.6µm
- Exposure Range: 64µs to 60s
- ROI: Supported
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Bit rate: 8bit output
- Telescope connection: 2" nosepiece / 1.25" nosepiece / M42X0.75 female T thread
- Dimension: φ62mm X 28mm
- Weight: 100g
- Working Temperature: -5°C to 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% to 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% to 95%
- 728X512 @ 95FPS
- 364X256 @ 95FPS
- 640X480 @ 110FPS
- 480X320 @ 199FPS
- 320X240 @ 335FPS
Manufacturer part number: ASI034MC
Product carries a 1 year manufacturer warranty against mechanical defects (within USA only).