- ZWO ASI1600MC advanced color astronomy camera with 16 megapixel 4/3” CMOS sensor with 4656x3520 resolution, 3.8 μm pixel size, and 21.9 mm diagonal
- Ideal for capturing wide field and high-resolution color astronomical images of deep-sky objects, and works well for solar-system imaging as well
- Fast USB 3.0 transfer at up to 23 fps at maximum 4656x3520 resolution and 125 fps at 640x480; interface is backward compatible to USB 2.0
- Attractive red anodized CNC aluminum body stands up to heavy field use
- Ready to go out of the box with software, cables, adapters, and manual
- Compact 62mm x 41mm body with weight of only 140 g (5 oz)
The ZWO ASI1600MC is the first astronomy camera by ZWO Optical designed for deep-sky imaging. Built around a 16 megapixel color CMOS 4/3" sensor, this advanced color astronomy camera has a resolution of 4656x3520 with 3.8 μm pixels and a 21.9 mm diagonal. The ASI1600MC color astronomy camera is a new milestone for deep-sky imagers and comes at a fraction of the cost of far more expensive CCD cameras.
With 12-bit ADC and low read noise, this high-sensitivity camera is ideal for wide-field astronomical imaging of deep-sky objects, and also works well on solar-system objects.
The fast USB 3.0 interface on the ASI1600MC allow transfer rates of up to 23 frames per second at full 4656x3520 resolution. At reduced resolution of 640x480, download rates up to 125 fps become possible. The camera enables exposure times of 32 μs to 2000 s (33.3 minutes).
The ASI1600MC has a robust and attractive CNC machined red-anodized aluminum body that stands up to heavy field use. A clear IR-cut glass window protects the sensor and helps keep images sharp. A 1/4-20 thread in the bottom of the camera makes it easy to attach the device to a camera tripod or mount, and four M4 threads along the outside edge offer additional mounting options.
The camera body features a standard T/T2 female thread (M42x0.75) so that it can be directly connected to T-threaded accessories. The M42 adapter can be removed to reduce back focus to just 6.5mm. Included is a 1.25"-T threaded nosepiece adapter that allows you to use the camera in standard 1.25" telescope focusers. The front of the camera also has a short (11mm long) 2" barrel that can be directly inserted into 2" telescope focusers. However, we recommend that use of a 2" T threaded prime focus adapter (not included) for a more robust connection to 2" telescope focusers.
The ZWO ASI1600MC color astronomy camera can be used with just about any telescope. It comes with everything you need to get started including a CD with user manual, Windows camera driver, ASCOM driver, SharpCap Image Capturing software, FireCapture Image Capturing software, and Stakkert 2 Stacking software. When used for autoguiding, the camera can also work with Maxim DL or PHD when guiding with long exposures. You also get a 2-meter USB 3.0 cable and a 2-meter ST4 guider cable for use in autoguiding. A M42-threaded 1.25" nosepiece and a 1.25" cover also come with the camera.