- ZWO ASI1600MM-COOL advanced monochrome astronomy camera with 16 megapixel 4/3” CMOS sensor with 4656x3520 resolution, 3.8 μm pixel size, and 21.9 mm diagonal
- Integrated TEC cooling reduces sensor temperature to 35C to 40C below ambient to keep noise low to enable imaging of faint deep-sky objects
- Ideal for capturing wide field and high-resolution images of deep-sky objects, and works well for solar-system imaging as well
- Fast USB 3.0 transfer at up to 23 fps at maximum 4656x3520 resolution and 125 fps at 640x480; interface is backward compatible to USB 2.0
- Attractive red anodized CNC aluminum body stands up to heavy field use
- Ready to go out of the box with software, cables, adapters, and manual
- Compact body with 78mm diameter and weight of only 410 g (14.6 oz)
The ZWO ASI1600MM-COOL is the first astronomy camera by ZWO Optical designed for deep-sky imaging. Built around a 16 megapixel monochrome CMOS 4/3" sensor, this advanced monochrome astronomy camera has a resolution of 4656x3520 with 3.8 μm pixels and a 21.9 mm diagonal. The ASI1600MM-COOL monochrome astronomy camera is a new milestone for deep-sky imagers and comes at a fraction of the cost of far more expensive CCD cameras. And with regulated two-stage TEC cooling, this camera can cool the sensor to 35C to 40C below ambient to keep noise low.
With 12-bit ADC and low read noise, this high-sensitivity camera is ideal for wide-field astronomical imaging of deep-sky objects, and also works well on solar-system objects.
The fast USB 3.0 interface on the ASI1600MM-COOL allow transfer rates of up to 23 frames per second at full 4656x3520 resolution. At reduced resolution of 640x480, download rates up to 125 fps become possible. The camera enables exposure times of 32 μs to 2000 s (33.3 minutes).
On the camera body, next to the USB3.0 and guide ports, a 2.1mm center-positive connector provides an input for the cooler power supply (not included). From the supply, the camera requires 12VDC @ 2A maximum. A Cooler Power LED shows when the cooler has sufficient power. There's also a large built-in heat sink which accounts for nearly 2/3 of the camera's size. At the top of the camera, an advanced and efficient MagLev fan removes heat from the TEC and control electronics while keeping acoustic noise low.
The ASI1600MM-COOL has a robust and attractive CNC machined red-anodized aluminum body that stands up to heavy field use. A clear IR-cut glass window protects the sensor and helps keep images sharp. The camera body includes a standard 2" M42x0.75 internal thread interface on top for adapters, and a 1/4-20 thread in the bottom to make it easy to attach the device to a camera tripod or mount. The M42 adapter can be removed to reduce back focus to just 6.5mm.
The ZWO ASI1600MM-COOL monochrome astronomy camera can be used with just about any telescope. It comes with everything you need to get started including a CD with user manual, Windows camera driver, ASCOM driver, SharpCap Image Capturing software, FireCapture Image Capturing software, and Stakkert 2 Stacking software. When used for autoguiding, the camera can also work with Maxim DL or PHD when guiding with long exposures. You also get a 2-meter USB 3.0 cable and a 2-meter ST4 guider cable for use in autoguiding. A M42-threaded 1.25" nosepiece and a 1.25" cover also come with the camera. A 2.5mm all-sky lens is also included to give a 170° all-sky view when threaded into the camera.
- Link to camera manuals for all ZWO products
- Link to Software and Drivers for all ZWO cameras
- Link to ZWO User Group forum
This camera requires the newest version of the following software:
- SharpCap V2.8.2325 and up
- Firecapture V2.5.03 and up