- ZWO ASI185MC advanced color astronomy camera with 1.2 megapixel CMOS sensor with 1944x1224 resolution, 3.5 μm pixel size, and 8.58 mm diagonal
- Produces single-shot color images without the need for a filter wheel and color filters
- Ideal for capturing high-contrast and high-resolution color astronomical images of solar system objects and many deep-sky objects
- Advanced Sony IMX185 sensor with Exmor technology for high-speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation
- Fast USB 3.0 transfer at up to 108 fps at maximum 1304x976 resolution and 268 fps at 640x480; interface is backward compatible to USB 2.0
- Attractive red anodized CNC aluminum body stands up to heavy field use
- Ready to go out of the box with software, cables, adapters, and manual
- Compact body with dimension 62mm diameter and weight of only 100 g (4 oz)
The ZWO ASI185MC is a sensitive and state-of-the-art color astronomy camera with 2.3 megapixel resolution and USB 3.0 download speed. Built around the Sony IMX185 sensor, this advanced camera has a resolution of 1944x1224 with 3.5 μm pixel size. With 12-bit ADC and low read noise, this high-sensitivity camera is ideal for astronomical imaging of the Moon, planets, and Sun (with a safe solar filter), and many deep-sky objects.
Similar to the ZWO ASI224MC camera but with a larger sensor and slightly higher read noise, the ASI185MC uses the advanced and highly sensitive Sony IMX185 color CMOS sensor. This sensor has a 8.58 mm diagonal and incorporates Sony's Exmor technology that enables high-speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation using column parallel A/D.
The fast USB 3.0 interface on the camera allow transfer rates of up to 108 frames per second at full 1304x976 resolution. At reduced resolution of 640x480, download rates up to 268 fps become possible. The camera enables exposure times of 32 μs to 1000 s (16.7 minutes).
The ASI185MC has a robust and attractive CNC machined red-anodized aluminum body that stands up to heavy field use. A clear IR-cut glass window protects the sensor and helps keep images sharp. A 1/4-20 thread in the bottom of the camera makes it easy to attach the device to a camera tripod or mount, and four M4 threads along the outside edge offer additional mounting options.
The camera body features a standard T/T2 female thread (M42x0.75) so that it can be directly connected to T-threaded accessories. Included is a 1.25"-T threaded nosepiece adapter that allows you to use the camera in standard 1.25" telescope focusers. The front of the camera also has a short (8mm long) 2" barrel that can be directly inserted into 2" telescope focusers. However, we recommend that use of a 2" T threaded prime focus adapter (not included) for a more robust connection to 2" telescope focusers.
The ZWO ASI185MC color astronomy camera can be used with just about any telescope. It comes with everything you need to get started including a CD with user manual, Windows camera driver, ASCOM driver, SharpCap Image Capturing software, FireCapture Image Capturing software, and Stakkert 2 Stacking software. When used for autoguiding, the camera can also work with Maxim DL or PHD when guiding with long exposures. You also get a 2-meter USB 3.0 cable and a 2-meter ST4 guider cable for use in autoguiding. A M42-threaded 1.25" nosepiece and a 1.25" cover also come with the camera. A 2.5mm all-sky lens is also included to give a 170° all-sky view when threaded into the camera.
Camera Technical Details
- Sensor: 1/1.9” CMOS IMX185
- Resolution: 2.3 Mega Pixels 1944*1224
- Pixel Size: 3.75µm
- Sensor Size: 7.3mm*4.6mm
- Diagonal: 8.58mm
- Exposure Range: 32µs-1000s
- ROI: Supported
- ST4 Guider Port: Yes
- Focus Distance to Sensor: 12.5mm
- Shutter Type: Rolling Shutter
- Protect window: AR coated window
- Operating System Compatibility: Mac, Windows, Linux
- Interface: USB3.0/USB2.0
- Bit rate: 12bit output(12bit ADC)
- Telescope connection: 2" nosepiece / 1.25" nosepiece / M42X0.75 female T thread
- Dimension: φ62mm X 36mm
- Weight: 120g or 4.2 ounces (without lens)
- Working Temperature: -5°C—45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C—60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20%—80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20%—95%
- 10bit ADC/12bit ADC
- 1944×1224 108 / 54
- 1920*1080 120 / 60
- 1024×768 170.5 / 85.2
- 800×800 163.8 / 81.9
- 640×480 268.4 / 134.2
- 320×240 515.3 / 257.6
- More resolutions can be defined by user
Manufacturer Part Number: ASI185MC
Product carries a 1 year manufacturer warranty against mechanical defects (within USA only).