- ZWO ASI224MC advanced color astronomy camera with 1.2 megapixel CMOS sensor with 1304x976 resolution, 3.75 μm pixel size, and 6.09 mm diagonal
- Produces single-shot color images without the need for a filter wheel and color filters
- Ideal for capturing high-contrast and high-resolution color astronomical images of solar system objects and smaller deep-sky objects
- Advanced Sony IMX224 sensor with Exmor technology for high-speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation
- Fast USB 3.0 transfer at up to 150 fps at maximum 1304x976 resolution and 299 fps at 640x480; interface is backward compatible to USB 2.0
- Attractive red anodized CNC aluminum body stands up to heavy field use
- Ready to go out of the box with software, cables, adapters, and manual
- Compact body with dimension 62mm diameter and weight of only 100 g (4 oz)
The ZWO ASI224MC is a sensitive and state-of-the-art color astronomy camera with 1.2 megapixel resolution and USB 3.0 download speed. Built around the Sony IMX224 sensor, this advanced camera has a resolution of 1304x976 with 3.75 μm pixel size. With 12-bit ADC and low read noise, this high-sensitivity camera is ideal for astronomical imaging of the Moon, planets, and Sun (with a safe solar filter), as well as smaller deep-sky objects.
Following in the footsteps of the venerable ZWO ASI120 cameras, the ASI224MC uses the advanced and highly sensitive Sony IMX224 color CMOS sensor. This sensor has a 6.09 mm diagonal and incorporates Sony's Exmor technology that enables high-speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation using column parallel A/D.
The fast USB 3.0 interface on the camera allow transfer rates of up to 150 frames per second at full 1304x976 resolution. At reduced resolution of 640x480, download rates up to 299 fps become possible. The camera enables exposure times of 32 μs to 1000 s (16.7 minutes).
The ASI224MC has a robust and attractive CNC machined red-anodized aluminum body that stands up to heavy field use. A clear IR-cut glass window protects the sensor and helps keep images sharp. The camera body includes a standard 2" M42x0.75 internal thread interface on top for adapters, and a 1/4-20 thread in the bottom to make it easy to attach the device to a camera tripod or mount.
The ZWO ASI224MC color astronomy camera can be used with just about any telescope. It comes with everything you need to get started including a CD with user manual, Windows camera driver, ASCOM driver, SharpCap Image Capturing software, FireCapture Image Capturing software, and Stakkert 2 Stacking software. When used for autoguiding, the camera can also work with Maxim DL or PHD when guiding with long exposures. You also get a 2-meter USB 3.0 cable and a 2-meter ST4 guider cable for use in autoguiding. A M42-threaded 1.25" nosepiece and a 1.25" cover also come with the camera. A 2.5mm all-sky lens is also included to give a 170° all-sky view when threaded into the camera.
ZWO ASI224MC 1.2 MP CMOS Color Astronomy Camera with USB 3.0 # ASI224MC
- The ZWO ASI224MC has a 1/3" 1.2MP sensor
- Features a Sony IMX224 sensor with Exmor and NIR technology
- Has extremely low read noise (0.75e - 1.5 e) and high sensitivity, especially in IR range
- Very suitable for astronomy and microscopy photography
- Very suitable for astronomy planetary and small DSO imaging
Camera Technical Details
- Resolution: 1.2Mega Pixels 1304X976
- Pixel Size: 3.75µm
- Sensor Size: 4.8mm*3.6mm
- Diagonal: 6.09mm
- Exposure Range: 32µs-1000s
- ROI: Supported
- Binning: 2×2 binning supported
- Focus Distance to Sensor: 12.5mm
- Shutter Type: Rolling Shutter
- Protect window: AR coated window
- Operating System Compatibility: Mac, Windows, Linux
- Interface: USB3.0/USB2.0
- Bit rate: 12bit output(12bit ADC)
- Adaptor: 2″ / 1.25″ / M42X0.75
- Dimensions: 62 mm Diameter
- 1304×976 150fps / 64fps
- 1280×960 152.4fps / 65fps
- 800×600 241.2fps / 102.9fps
- 640×480 299.4fps / 127.6fps
- 320×240 577.9fps / 256.4fps
- More resolutions can be user defined
Manufacturer Part Number: ASI224MC
Product carries a 1 year manufacturer warranty against mechanical defects (within USA only).