Baader 1.25" 2.25x Hyperion Zoom Barlow with T-Adapter # 2956180
Baader Planetarium's new 1.25" 2.25x Barlow allows you to use the Baader Hyperion Zoom Eyepiece as a super-zoom 3.5 - 10.5mm eyepiece. But even though it has been optimized for use with the zoom, it is an outstanding general purpose barlow that can be used with any 1.25" eyepiece.
This versatile barlow is yet another fine example of Baader's philosophy of designing modular products that can be used in a variety of configurations and applications. It actually consists of 3 separate parts as follows (see photos 1 and 2 above):(1) Main Optical Body - which consists of the exposed barlow lens elements in a 1.25" barrel. This is to be used with either Adapter A or B below.
(2) 1.25" Adapter A - which screws onto the main body on one side, and to the Hyperion Zoom or any other eyepiece with standard 1.25" filter threads on the other side.
(3) T / T-2 Adapter B - which screws onto the main body on one side and presents a standard male T thread on the other side for direct attachment to cameras via a T ring (not included). This allows you to use the barlow as a 2.25x photo projection lens.
- Ultimate quality triplet lens
- Anastigmatic flat field design (completely corrected for spherical aberration, coma and astigmatism)
- Phantom group multicoated
- Magnification can be varied by the use of additional 1.25" or T thread spacers (not included)
- Clear aperture = 13.2mm (0.52")
- Length of Barlow element + Adapter A = 40.8mm (1.61")
- Weight of Barlow element + Adapter A = 1.7oz
- Length of Barlow element + Adapter B = 40.8mm (1.61")
- Weight of Barlow element + Adapter B = 2.7oz
- Two plastic end caps included
You can attach any T2-1.25" eyepiece adapter to the Barlow+Adapter B combination and use the setup as a conventional barlow. This will allow you to easily swap 1.25" eyepieces in and out, instead of screwing the barlow into one eyepiece at a time.